ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on www.theconferenceforum.co.uk

The Conference Forum

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Stones 2 Gills 2 (Stones win 4-2 on pens) by Forever StonedToday 00:59Today at 00:59:04view thread

Oldest article: North Ferriby NEXT by Frosty Jacks lover5/3 21:12Tue Mar 5 21:12:37 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: City by Coalminer (Unemployed)16/3 18:00Sat Mar 16 18:00:01 2019view thread

Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm Gareth

By DMN (DMN (Shit Forum))15/3 08:13Fri Mar 15 08:13:56 2019

Views: 389

Today: Drive down to Pompy and get the ferry to the Isle of Wight. Go see my parents. Head to the pub with my Dad and get drunk.

Tomorrow: Have a wonder round Newport to confirm that nothings changed. A few beers in the afternoon. Might go watch Captain Marvel.

Sunday: Drive home.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm Gareth

By Pineapple (Besus Fuffoon)15/3 21:45Fri Mar 15 21:45:03 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 106

Tonight - try and mastermind the reserves TINPOT Cup Semi-Final1st leg. Give nothing to Comic Relief because charity begins at home.

Saturday - Youngest chunk’s 7th Birthday party. Try to limit the destruction because destruction begins at home.

Sunday - Take the chunks to Tae Kwon Do because Tae Kwon Do begins at home.

Home/10

By BudaShot (NottShot)15/3 18:47Fri Mar 15 18:47:34 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 130

Tonight: Finish my The Railway man by Eric Lomax. Fantastic read that I picked up for £3 in beerwolf books in Falmouth.

Tomorrow: Early flight to Lisbon. Head to the LX factory for hipster fun, and hope TCMBS gets too tired from walking and goes for a nap so I can sneak off to Estadio Nacional for Belenenses' game. Quiet evening not doing much.

Sunday: Sightsee and wander around during the day. Seeing Twenty One Pilots in the evening, quite looking forward to it. Especially as tickets were half the price of their recent date at Wembley Arena.

Monday: Do whatever is left on the to do list, before evening flight home.

By Honnor15/3 14:22Fri Mar 15 14:22:57 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 182

Today. Off work so done the questions for the works pub quiz together i'm quizmaster on. Home made butter milk southern fried chicken and potato salad for tea, few glasses of wine and early night as been up since 5am

Tomorrow. Plan to do the "cutting in" in the dining room tomorrow, mustard yellow walls, hopefully homemade curry for tea, few wines.

Sunday. Do the rest of the dining room walls, pain in the arse as have to move lots of furniture, maybe off to the Nags Head for Sunday snifters.

Monday, off so chill and enjoy a lye in. Not much hopefully

By Taz (SUFC)15/3 13:31Fri Mar 15 13:31:11 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 212

Today - Work. Prob sit indoors either on the PS4 or if TCMT has some Netflix or owt to watch, on the PC doing design stuff. Comic Relief can FRO.

Sat - Gateshead at home. Dunno if I can be arsed with the usual home game routine given we're fucking awful currently. So will prob drive down to arrive about 2:45 and piss off right on the FT whistle to save some cash. Not expecting a great deal out of the game given we lost 3-0 to Braintree on Tuesday and barely laid a glove on them in the process. With only 2 goals in the last

Prob out for food with TCMT in the evening. We've not eaten out in a while, so will make a nice change.

Sun - PS4 in my pants.

SHITFOOTBALL/10

By Stillwell Myth (pcsu)15/3 13:27Fri Mar 15 13:27:17 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 207

Think I might go to Frickley tomorrow, weather pending. Any good?

By Dave (Barra) (David (Barrovia))15/3 14:11Fri Mar 15 14:11:33 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 194

Is the Westfield Hotel still there?

By White Socks (SKRAWA!) (White Socks)15/3 10:22Fri Mar 15 10:22:11 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 270

Today: Work and a couple of shandies at lunchtime for an in house birthday. Stick a few bets on Cheltenham where I reckon I am about 40 quid up for the week thus far. Avoid Comic Relief

Tomorrow: No badders. Off to the home of football as we are honoured, nay privileged, to welcome the Surrey Barcelona to the home of football. Meet some old Grandad for a few shandies beforehand and try and stop him nodding off and/or throwing the furniture around. Marvel at the tika taka style of our opponents and pray we can keep the score down to single figures. Hope the referee Mr J Casey doesn't have too much influence on the game along with the weather although it won't affect their brand of total football of course.. Drown sorrows, check bets, kick cat...etc...etc...

Sunday: A top of the table clash for Youngest Socks where they will try (and fail) to emulate the wonderful football I witnessed the day before. Maybe a roast dinner and watch some of the afternoon sporting offerings

HOWCANWEPOSSIBLYBEEXPECTEDTOCOMPETEWITHTHESEFOOTBALLINGGODS/10

By Greek Card15/3 10:17Fri Mar 15 10:17:36 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 257

Today - Work until nine. Roasted rep pepper and garlic salad and an episode of Homeland. Bed.

Tomorrow - Up at six. Long run. Work nine until three. Watch the rugby. Eat something healthy and have an early night.

Sunday - Up at sparrow's to take wife and kids to bus which will take them to a karate tournament in Thessaloniki. Start run at 5.30 and finish a couple of hours later. Spend whole day marking and preparing for lessons, which a lot of teachers complain about, but which I love as long as I don't have any distractions. Eat something healthy in the evening an have an early night.

By carrotcruncher(hfc)15/3 10:08Fri Mar 15 10:08:32 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 265

Today: off work as LMCC has inset day. I'm full of a nasty cough and cold so won't go to pub later.

Tomorrow: Taking my Dad to the Wales Ireland game. Hope I'm feeling better because today I really don't feel up for it. Hereford at Alfreton, will perhaps be rained off anyway?

Sunday: Put Dad on train home after lunch.

By Kingfield Ender15/3 10:05Fri Mar 15 10:05:45 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 271

Tonight - Beer and Curry evening in Portsmouth with my Monday night football team. Its always a bit moody down there so might be something to watch later on

Sat - Woke up hungover no doubt, Train to Welling to grind with White Socks and our coked-up youth before Welling 1 Woking 1

Sun - Watch Lewis Hamilton piss the grand prix before a day of who knows

Has the makings of a classic weekend

By stillmanjunior15/3 09:58Fri Mar 15 09:58:58 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 282

Today: My uni lecture was cancelled, I’m not in for almost two weeks now. Off to town in a bit to watch the races. Will stay as long as I can tolerate it (well, probably five minutes into race one...) before heading to uni to crack on with various assignments. Stay until quite late.

Tomorrow: Wealdstone home. If we don’t lose I’m sure we will make the play-offs. Probably draw 1-1, won’t be as barmy as the 3-3 at their place. Maybe grab a takeaway after.

Sunday: Only one game taking place in our Sunday Leagues because it’s the Bath Half. I was going to cover said match but been offered money to referee a friendly, which should be a tame one so I’ll take them up on it. The marathon means routes to uni are shut off so I’ll try and study at home amongst completing usual stats info.

WOULDLIKEAFEWWINNERSTODAY/10

By Lenny Baryea (MUFC)15/3 09:33Fri Mar 15 09:33:40 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 291

Today – work; pasta, peas and salmon for dinner, some TV (probably Derry Girls and Fleabag), pack, early night

Tomorrow – up early; planning on a run but that’ll depend on how I’m feeling. 09:25 LHR-LBA flight ahead of Harrogate vs Maidenhead. Expecting a good day (and night) out ruined by 90 minutes of football, i.e. a defeat, which – following Tuesday’s 3-0 reverse at Ebbsfleet; after a decent run and being nine points clear of the drop zone last Saturday evening – would set up a pretty big game on Tuesday week: Havant & Waterlooville at York Road

Sunday – lift back from North Yorkshire with some others who have made a weekend of it, albeit who drove up on Thursday

HARROGATE/10

By Baldman15/3 09:43Fri Mar 15 09:43:27 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 275

Flying to the game. How the other half live

By Dave (Barra) (David (Barrovia))15/3 10:03Fri Mar 15 10:03:22 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 268

We used to do that a fair bit for games down South when there were diggings up on the West Coast Main Line.

Bod to Manchester, fly to Gatwick, train from there and you’re sat in the pub in Lewes by just gone 10.

Lovely stuff.

By Lenny Baryea (MUFC)15/3 10:28Fri Mar 15 10:28:29 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 262

Cost one-way was £49 (although we got it cheaper in the end, thanks to the use of Avios points). Getting a lift back was key.

This’ll be the second time that we’ve flown to a Maidenhead game, after previously flying to Newquay (for Truro).

Some of our lot also flew to Newcastle for the Gateshead game in January.

By Carshalton womble15/3 16:31Fri Mar 15 16:31:52 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 164

I once flew to Aberdeen for a game

By Taz (SUFC)15/3 22:17Fri Mar 15 22:17:37 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 101

Meh. I've flown to Glasgow and Dublin for games. This season. :)

By Grassbank (Grassbank)15/3 21:01Fri Mar 15 21:01:55 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 114

Wimbledon have never played Aberdeen

By Baldman15/3 10:38Fri Mar 15 10:38:03 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 245

I heard that they were selling 737Max flights off cheap

By Dave (Barra) (David (Barrovia))15/3 10:30Fri Mar 15 10:30:53 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 260

A few of our lot work at BAE and have used their commuter plane to do Walney-somewhere in Surrey/Hants for games like Woking.

Handy.

By Dave (Barra) (David (Barrovia))16/3 13:34Sat Mar 16 13:34:10 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 73

Chesterfield and Barrow fans on the same flight to Southampton today

#nonleaguefamily
#meatraffle

By Lord M.Ox (Marked Ox)16/3 21:38Sat Mar 16 21:38:54 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 65

Did they have enough weak Lemon Tea on the flight?

By Meerkat15/3 13:09Fri Mar 15 13:09:33 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 211

My friend goes on those, both the proper sized Farnborough to Warton ones and the tinpot Walney one.
He said the Walney landing was lively and the pilot was crazy

By Baldman15/3 10:37Fri Mar 15 10:37:16 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 245

That's great. I'm assuming they come into Farnborough, or maybe a top secret location.

By Dave (Barra) (David (Barrovia))15/3 10:42Fri Mar 15 10:42:26 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 248

Aye, Farnborough.

By Dave (Barra) (David (Barrovia))15/3 09:37Fri Mar 15 09:37:44 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 280

I can’t abide Harrogate, hope you stuff them.

By Lenny Baryea (MUFC)15/3 09:39Fri Mar 15 09:39:36 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 272

I hope so too.

Why the animosity towards them?

By Dave (Barra) (David (Barrovia))15/3 10:16Fri Mar 15 10:16:45 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 260

When they appeared in Conf North etc they were mainly followed either by rude/arrogant bellends, particularly among the blazerati or neanderthal dirty Leeds fans.

Harrogate itself is nice though, you should have a good do. I’m going myself next weekend, in fact.

By Shanghai15/3 09:09Fri Mar 15 09:09:52 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 294

Today: Work from home in the morning, got a 3-hour training course I need to dial into, but I'll only attend the first hour. Get train into London for a meeting at Shaftsbury Avenue, then afterwards go for a BUSINESS LUNCH to a local Indian. Nail a big curry and 3-4 pints. Train home, hopefully be back by 4/5ish. Quiet night, maybe go to the gym if not pissed, if not have a fe jars in front the telly.

Saturday: MOT at 10.30am. After that, nothing planned, just have a quiet mooch around with the TCMS as shes feeling run down. Just watch football and have a few bets.

Sunday: Same as Saturday.

#Rechargethebatteries

By Flipper the Dolphin (Mr Staffordshire)15/3 09:05Fri Mar 15 09:05:02 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 293

Only notable event in my weekend... Head to Lichfield for grand opening of its newest pub, The Pig today.

/www.thepiglichfield.co.uk

Otherwise my weekend is pretty dull.

By Pinner Stones15/3 08:58Fri Mar 15 08:58:46 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 289

Friday

Out with some ex work colleagues at my new fav Indian restaurant in London, Farzi Cafe (taken over from Dishoom)

Saturday

9;30 train out of Paddington for the best away trip in the Con South, Bath

Sunday

Recover from hangover, opticians and then a long walk in the woods

By Baldman15/3 08:53Fri Mar 15 08:53:54 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 296

Watch the rugby in Newport... atmosphere will be great

By Joe Hawkins15/3 08:51Fri Mar 15 08:51:02 2019In response to Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 301

Today, sign form TP1 and return to solicitors ready to complete a week Monday so the job's done prior to independence day, sulk and mutter about the wind as I try find somewhere sheltered to work, maybe swim at 3, maybe not as I did 1550m yesterday, collect owed monies and back to the gym, quiet night.

Saturday, no idea but will involve cursing bad weather low earning weeks, shoulders at some point.

Sunday, again no idea, child hopefully but we'll see.

FULLTITLEGUARANTEE/10

By gertcha15/3 08:59Fri Mar 15 08:59:46 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 299

Today - working until 1915 then meeting a bunch of people I met on my North Korea trip for some Korean food (not North) in central London

Sat - Wednesday - Off to Morocco, Essaouria, if anybody has been before? tips, recommendations etc

By The Very Revd. Roy Summersby KC15/3 10:48Fri Mar 15 10:48:44 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 237

Jimi Hendrix went there. I think

Not as bummable as Tangiers

By Joe Hawkins15/3 10:52Fri Mar 15 10:52:02 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 236

I'm going for a couple of nights in Chefchaouen at some point this year, to make a spliff with kif from the rif, flying to Spain and get a Tangiers ferry & a Grand taxi.

By Baldman15/3 09:02Fri Mar 15 09:02:11 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 301

Is Morocco safe?

By gertcha15/3 09:52Fri Mar 15 09:52:48 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 266

Yes

My holidays to Iraq, Burundi and DR Congo later in the year are considered more dangerous

By Pinner Stones15/3 09:13Fri Mar 15 09:13:56 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 284

Went in October and perfectly safe.

By Bella from Barra15/3 12:58Fri Mar 15 12:58:17 2019In response to Re: Weekended thread brought to you buy Storm GarethTop of thread

Views: 217

Today - on the lash, quaff copius amounts of Guiness in the Golden Ball, enjoying Cheltenham and absolutely effin smashing the bookies, Tonight, see today, then stagger home sometime after 9 pm, probably a chinese in hand, rich beyond my wildest dreams.

Tomorrow- die for a few hours before taking me old mammy shopping and out for lunch. Listen to wireless , and shock another promotion hopeful, work 6-11, home to listen to the missus telling how wonderful Les Mis was in Manchester.

Sunday - take a soiree up the beautiful lakes, and a bite to eat somewhere cosy. Furness......where the lakes meet the sea, glorious.

Previous thread: John Bercow by Fonzy16/3 12:14Sat Mar 16 12:14:21 2019view thread