ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on www.theconferenceforum.co.uk

The Conference Forum

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Smug Hour by Biscuit. D.Today 04:56Today at 04:56:43view thread

Oldest article: Kev, please look away.. by Mr Staffordshire4/10 13:39Fri Oct 4 13:39:59 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The game’s gone #6327262 by Baldman 10/10 08:27Thu Oct 10 08:27:17 2019view thread

Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?

By Yeoman8/10 15:12Tue Oct 8 15:12:39 2019

Views: 1070

Surprise surprise EU telling Bojo to get lost. Well it'll be nice to have the £350 million a week to play with, Oh wait a moment looks like we'll have to borrow even more.

I wish at some stage Boris will admit that they knew all along that getting a deal was neither realistic or in their plans. Obviously that would have been better before the referendum.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?

By DesCartes8/10 19:29Tue Oct 8 19:29:49 2019In response to Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 716

I visited the local vets about an hour ago with the cat.

The (rather cute) Polish vet was explaining, in Polish, to a Polish lady waving an EU Pet Passport and wanting to take her dog abroad (probably to Poland), how complicated life would become in terms of vaccinations and certificates if we crash out with 'No Deal'.

I knew this as they both then explained it to the lady's English husband, who was holding the dog.

The gammony-looking receptionist looked at me and said 'Maybe it would be better if she just went back now'. Not exactly sure what she was driving at...

The scene was only lacking an appearance through the door of this forum's resident small carnivoran member of the mongoose family exclaiming 'Project fear, Project Fear!'.

Possibly Kafkaesque. Please stop this shitshow. #RevokeArticle50Now #StopBrexit

By Baldman (Baldman)8/10 22:05Tue Oct 8 22:05:05 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 585

@_DHOTYA

By DesCartes9/10 08:21Wed Oct 9 08:21:11 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 470

Oh, really?

I wish I had a creative mind and writing skills to go with it.

It happened as described.

If you're in doubt, it happened in Pet Doctors, Knaphill, yesterday at around 6:00 p.m. Give them a call to verify this.

I did, however, mean' Positively Kafkaesque' not 'Possibly'...

By Shanghai9/10 08:11Wed Oct 9 08:11:01 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 472

Beat me to it! Utter drivel. Its always ardent remainers who are on the receiving end of incidents that perfectly fit in with their own narrative. Sad!!

By DesCartes9/10 08:23Wed Oct 9 08:23:30 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 449

Following Stokes' (quote) 'Classic hold the face and push her away instead of hitting her action.' assault on his wife, would you care to talk us through what should happen to him next?

By Shanghai9/10 08:51Wed Oct 9 08:51:47 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 424

He should be tried by media, obviously.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 19:35Tue Oct 8 19:35:00 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 631

Or he may have been explaining the quarantine regulations applied to pets entering the UK from abroad to prevent rabies entering the country, the same regulations that had been there for a 100 years+ until pets got a pet passport and the freedom of movement to these shores also.

By DesCartes8/10 19:52Tue Oct 8 19:52:12 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 611

We live in more enlightened times and when I said 'rather cute' (ok, that's sexist) I guess I could have been referring to 'he' but..

And She wouldn't have been explaining the quarantine regulations applied to pets entering the country, with a focus on rabies, to a couple who would need to get the dog vaccinated against rabies before leaving the UK to go to the EU, assuming we become an 'Unlisted country'.

Anyway, apart from that, you were spot on, Kev. ;o)

The details are here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pet-travel-to-europe-after-brexit

By Yeoman9/10 11:14Wed Oct 9 11:14:42 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 384

It's very lucky that no-one had pets before all this pet license stuff existed

By NWS10/10 12:32Thu Oct 10 12:32:58 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 124

They did. They either left them at home, didn't go on the holiday or when through absolute hoops.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 19:55Tue Oct 8 19:55:23 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 602

I'm not taking a pet abroad so it's another moot point.

By NWS8/10 19:58Tue Oct 8 19:58:38 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 591

Do you need a pet passport when you go abroad due to fears of BSE being exported from our shores?

By Joe Hawkins8/10 20:00Tue Oct 8 20:00:53 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 587

I don't think so mate, and I think commercial animal movements differ, so as I've already mentioned, yet another moot point.

By NWS8/10 20:01Tue Oct 8 20:01:58 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 582

I never mentioned commercial animals. How strange that you should make things up...

By Joe Hawkins8/10 20:04Tue Oct 8 20:04:23 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 571

I don't ever remember hearing of a dog with mad cow disease, and the passport system was for domestic pets.

You're having another shocker mate.

By NWS8/10 20:43Tue Oct 8 20:43:26 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 554

I think you are having the shocker. Cats are domestic pets and they can get BSE,

Maybe actually do some research before shouting your 'great victory' around.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 21:00Tue Oct 8 21:00:00 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 545

Is that actually proven as the disease I can see starts with 'feline' and is thought to be identical to the coow version, but in any case a moot point as if there's no fom for people then there won't be for their pets.

By NWS8/10 21:14Tue Oct 8 21:14:52 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 532

So a case for discussion then.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 21:27Tue Oct 8 21:27:10 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 549

Not really, as we're leaving the eu it's unneccesary for us to recognise pet passports as they're an eeyou thing, same as freedom of movement and we won't be recognising that...

By DMN (DMN (Shit Forum))9/10 08:23Wed Oct 9 08:23:59 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 428

So you're saying British people won't be able to take their pets abroad?

By Nigel L9/10 00:06Wed Oct 9 00:06:21 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 480

Ha ha ha ha!

By Joe Hawkins9/10 00:16Wed Oct 9 00:16:32 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 473

F*ck me it's the laughing policeman.

Do we get a santa one next? :p

By DesCartes9/10 08:29Wed Oct 9 08:29:53 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 430

Sadly - coming, as he does, from Lapland, which is in Finland, an EU state - Santa's ability to visit us in the future will be greatly restricted in future.

He will, at the very least, need the relevant rabies vaccinations and associated certificates.

By Joe Hawkins9/10 08:32Wed Oct 9 08:32:57 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 421

At least Rudolph will get his British carrots.

By NWS10/10 11:46Thu Oct 10 11:46:43 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 136

Well that depend on what tariff is charged. By the admission of your own economist, agriculture will be greatly affected in this country.

By Joe Hawkins10/10 12:05Thu Oct 10 12:05:32 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 127

We'll charge tarrifs on our own carrots then will we?

By NWS10/10 12:15Thu Oct 10 12:15:05 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 126

Sorry, I didn't realise you were giving them away.

So, to get this straight...after all your complaints, you now want to encourage a European immigrant worker over here, to undercut british toymakers, by feeding his rabies filled animal.

By Joe Hawkins10/10 12:19Thu Oct 10 12:19:11 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 129

No mate, I'd like to see those here under freedom of movement move back, so they no longer can undercut the indigenous workforce as they do currently due to the freedoms given under the eu doctrine.

By NWS10/10 12:22Thu Oct 10 12:22:45 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

So, if he says he doesn't want to come because he can't be doing with all the paperwork are you going to claim that he needs the work cost I'm pretty certain he has work in other countries. You still haven't explained why you are prepared to feed his rabid animals to entice him here having spent ages telling us you don't want eeeeyous here.

By Barda EUFC10/10 12:21Thu Oct 10 12:21:09 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

It's oh so simple when you put it like that.

By my reckoning, they'd be about 2 or 3 left here where I am now if that happened.

Thankfully, we are a bit better that this and don't think in those terms.

By NWS10/10 12:24Thu Oct 10 12:24:52 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 121

Shush, Barda...we have massive wage rises coming if brexit happens. Can't wait...

By Joe Hawkins10/10 12:29Thu Oct 10 12:29:47 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Aye ok then coco.

By NWS10/10 12:31Thu Oct 10 12:31:03 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 112

Great comeback

By Barda EUFC10/10 12:28Thu Oct 10 12:28:55 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 120

I would like to see the caliber of the following indigenous English who could be able to use the following languages at work:

Portuguese
Spanish
German
French
Finnish
Swedish
Russian
Italian
Polish

Plus others probably.

Piece of piss. We'd easily find these people. Probably couldn't get a job before cos of all the foreigners.

By Joe Hawkins10/10 12:35Thu Oct 10 12:35:41 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 123

How did they get on before the eu then?

I've never said that no immigration is a good idea as I accept there are some jobs that need a foreign language and skills from overseas that benefit the country, but that's always been the case for 100's of years before this current crap came along.

By NWS10/10 13:55Thu Oct 10 13:55:11 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 97

Isn't it funny...another hole in your argument...another denial of having said that.

Surely your argument should be that if we get rid of them all we can train British people to speak - insert language - and crack on. You seem to apply it everywhere else.

Seemingly you are boiling everything down to low-level employment such as manufacturing being the only thing that needs this...precisely the type of employment that Minford says will be defunct if hatchet-job Johnson wrecks things. You really can't see through them can you...

By Joe Hawkins10/10 14:07Thu Oct 10 14:07:37 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 89

I was replying to Barda, not you.

By NWS10/10 12:30Thu Oct 10 12:30:26 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 114

I don't speak any of those languages but let me know and I'll come and shout louder and wave my hands. Job sorted. Don't forget my wage rises...

By Meerkat9/10 08:32Wed Oct 9 08:32:28 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 442

The world existed before the single market you know?

By NWS10/10 11:57Thu Oct 10 11:57:09 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 123

It did. It was full of restrictions such as barriers to trade like tariffs etc and lots of regulations. I can remember them just (like the short visa to travel to France). I'm not sure why you are putting question marks and replying at all. All Des has done is talk about what you voted for and espouse. Don't get upset, just celebrate because while we will have pesky trade barriers, increased paperwork, increased costs and IRA bombs we will have blue passports, freedom to build trade deals that we don't currently have with Mauritania, £350m £180m a week to send to those parts of the country suffering high unemployment due to closed factories and proper rules from the enemies of the people British judges and saboteurs a British Parliament. It's gonna be great. Don't let the loss of immigrant Santa ruin it.

By Mr Nice (Forever Claret 83)9/10 10:18Wed Oct 9 10:18:37 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 395

It did. But the world has also changed significantly since then.

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 10:30Wed Oct 9 10:30:24 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 397

Soon we will go back to that world. There will be long shadows on the village green, vicars strolling across lawns, the cast id Dad's Army will all come back to life, every meal will be a roast followed by syrup sponge and custard, and all the brown people will go away.

By NWS10/10 11:59Thu Oct 10 11:59:38 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 114

That post made me chuckle, LS

By Joe Hawkins9/10 10:53Wed Oct 9 10:53:10 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 386

Bread & butter pudding with custard innit?

Spotted dick :p

By DesCartes9/10 10:54Wed Oct 9 10:54:09 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 380

Yes, up a ladder cleaning a window...

By Joe Hawkins9/10 11:01Wed Oct 9 11:01:09 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 382

Haven't got there yet, but am around the corner shortly up the hill, bit of a blood sugar bounce going on following the crazy weekend.

This time next year I hope to have a different job I think, 20 years of part time work on my own so maybe time to come in from the cold.

By DesCartes9/10 08:57Wed Oct 9 08:57:09 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 412

As did Irony Bypass Surgery....

By Pineapple (Besus Fuffoon)8/10 23:15Tue Oct 8 23:15:58 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 493

Are we leaving the EU? I don’t think we will be.

By Joe Hawkins9/10 00:10Wed Oct 9 00:10:35 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 484

I hope we do but won't be suprised to see us remain until after the general election, and sadly that will be fought as a second referendum first and foremost and you'd expect the hung parliament we'll get to delay our Brexit even further.

Then China will tank followed by the krauts and the whole europeon dream will crash, burn then collapse whilst dragging us down into the abyss with it.

By NWS10/10 12:11Thu Oct 10 12:11:19 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 117

Phew. It's lucky that we don't do much trade with China.

By Joe Hawkins10/10 12:17Thu Oct 10 12:17:10 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

I try to avoid as much sh*te from there as I can as a lot of our manufacturing jobs went there powered by cheap labour., I'll eat the food occasionally as my local chinky's run by Hong Kong Chinese

By NWS10/10 12:29Thu Oct 10 12:29:05 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 112

Cheap Chinese food undercutting British food and an industry stuffed full of illegal immigrants. Hypocrisy central...

By Joe Hawkins10/10 12:31Thu Oct 10 12:31:22 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 108

Cheap Chinese food undercutting British food

I'd love to find that shop....

By NWS10/10 12:34Thu Oct 10 12:34:42 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 109

Well you can't now because British food places have had to lose out and adjust downwards. If we got rid of all Chinese takeaways then prices could rise and wages with it in fish and chip shops.

By Joe Hawkins10/10 12:40Thu Oct 10 12:40:00 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 113

I dunno mate as I don't eat fish and chips, but can manage a curry from my local without a sugar spike, hit and miss at the curry house next door tho and I've stopped using the corner shop since it was taken over by foreigners, not the turkish barber that's where the butchers was, 4 shops that were once all English owned, a chippy, convenience store, a butchers and a paper shop.

By NWS10/10 13:57Thu Oct 10 13:57:03 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 94

They got taken over because demand wasn't there....it's the same model of economics that you use for your ridiculous assertions about wages.

I'm surprised that you are worried by sugar spikes from fish and chips. You spent most of the year telling us all how you are not bothered by lack of drugs for T1 because you just want out. Now you won't even eat chips to oust foreign people. Words and actions not matching...

Edited by NWS at 13:59:01 on 10th October 2019

By Joe Hawkins10/10 14:16Thu Oct 10 14:16:10 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 90

Insulin's a biological compound, not a drug, and having enough in the fridge to last past christmas I'm not worried, and I've a script at the end of the month.

Chips, I've eaten these 4 or 5 times a year for the last 30 odd years, fat soaked carbs digest a while after the insulin's been metabolised causing a spike, needs more insulin that they're worth, poached fish needs little insulin but battered works like chips.

Chips, so I avoid chips, I don't eat many take aways but find a chinky chicken curry/fried rice only needs a couple of u more insulin, but if I go next door to the curry house for a madras/keema nan & sag aloo I'd end up taking 6 or so more units over 2 extra injections.

Silly c*nt.

By Barda EUFC10/10 12:41Thu Oct 10 12:41:50 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 108

Is there a pretty nurse selling poppies from a tray as well?

By Nigel L9/10 00:14Wed Oct 9 00:14:33 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 467

Ha ha ha ha!

By DesCartes8/10 19:57Tue Oct 8 19:57:25 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 575

It's not a 'moot point', it's a Fact, m8, though I appreciate that this is a concept that you Little Englanders find particularly hard to grasp...

By NWS8/10 19:53Tue Oct 8 19:53:58 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 576

We need to release the facts about how our pet pooches are affected by Brexit and then have a second referendum. it will be 90-10 for remain :)

By NWS8/10 19:40Tue Oct 8 19:40:59 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Pet passports were introduced in 2013. How many cases of rabies, in the UK, have there been since then?

By Jawknee (Barnet Ben)8/10 19:47Tue Oct 8 19:47:28 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Loads. The disease has since mutated and targets the indigenous human population.

By Otto Flick9/10 09:12Wed Oct 9 09:12:10 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 398

What has Corbynists to do with it?

By NWS8/10 19:52Tue Oct 8 19:52:01 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 586

We shall ignore this then.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rabies-epidemiology-transmission-and-prevention

By Joe Hawkins8/10 19:50Tue Oct 8 19:50:05 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 596

Or 48% of them at least.

By NWS8/10 19:55Tue Oct 8 19:55:09 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 584

Is 17.4m 48% of the population?

By Joe Hawkins8/10 19:57Tue Oct 8 19:57:17 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 578

It's the electorate mate, and no, the 48% of them who's vote lost in the great referendum of freedom.

By NWS8/10 20:01Tue Oct 8 20:01:08 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 574

Nope. He definitely said population.

I may have rabies but I can still read words. Rabies may take that ability from me but at least it was there in the first place I suppose...

By DesCartes8/10 19:54Tue Oct 8 19:54:00 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 580

48% of the population? Where does that number come from, oh wise one?

By Joe Hawkins8/10 19:46Tue Oct 8 19:46:15 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 592

The year 2000 it was introduced in actual fact, but once fom is ended there'll be little need of it, so a moot point anyway.

By NWS8/10 19:51Tue Oct 8 19:51:03 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 582

The current pet passports were introduced in 2013 but going with 2001, as per the original scheme I will ask the same question. How many cases of rabies have there been in the UK?

By Joe Hawkins8/10 19:54Tue Oct 8 19:54:27 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 580

I'll repeat the same answer, once we've left the eu fom ends, so there's no need for pet passports, the country managed its quarantine arrangements for long enough, so it's a moot point.

By NWS8/10 19:57Tue Oct 8 19:57:01 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

So why were you babbling on about pet passports and rabies in the first place. You introduced the moot point. Sadly, you have now realised that it has backfired. 18 years of pet passports and no cases of pets bringing rabies into the country.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 19:59Tue Oct 8 19:59:20 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 575

'Twas Des who first mentioned pets old lad so you keep on mooting whilst I mute you..

By NWS8/10 20:05Tue Oct 8 20:05:09 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 568

He did. A pet is an animal that one keeps for company etc.

A pet passport is a document that you can obtain, by meeting the relevant requirements, and take your pet to another EU country.

Quite a difference, unless you are trying to make a silly xenophobic point.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 20:08Tue Oct 8 20:08:09 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 565

No mate, I put some effort into my xenophobic points.

And although that's maybe what a pet passport is at this time, come November 1st it'll be a moot point also.

By NWS8/10 20:46Tue Oct 8 20:46:22 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 534

Yes. You have been ragdolled on everything on all points purely because I bothered to read.

You know that a moot point can also be a point that is open for debate don't you? Looking at your posts tonight, I think not.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 21:06Tue Oct 8 21:06:05 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 529

I don't have anything to debate with you tbh and I inferred you making a moot point as you were going on about some sh*te that had nothing to do with anything of interest as per usual, and with a bit of luck we'll be out of the eeyou very shortly as the majority voted to do, and if we don't leave at that point we will when the tories win a majority at the next ge.

By NWS8/10 21:15Tue Oct 8 21:15:41 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 523

Yes you do have nothing to debate...on that we can agree.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 21:28Tue Oct 8 21:28:50 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 519

Good lad.

Leave. EU

By Denzel (denzel ecfc)8/10 18:07Tue Oct 8 18:07:55 2019In response to Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 883

Unbelievable

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1181573030696427532?s=19

Re: Leave. EU

By Mr Nice (Forever Claret 83)9/10 10:14Wed Oct 9 10:14:47 2019In response to Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 432

There really isn't much more than can be said about the vile Xenophobic rhetoric that is being used. It's terrible and an awful reflection on our nation.

It's one thing to have a strong views on a issue but stooping to this level is appalling.

By Taz (SUFC)9/10 12:15Wed Oct 9 12:15:52 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 376

They're cunts. Xenophobic cunts. That's it. It's not about 'are independence' or soverignty, they're just narrow minded, cunts who cannot stand foreign people. Simply because they are foreign. No other reason.

It makes my fucking piss boil.

But you know, wheeeey, bantz and all that. Fucking cunts.

By Meerkat9/10 12:58Wed Oct 9 12:58:50 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 346

Get off the fence!

By Taz (SUFC)9/10 19:45Wed Oct 9 19:45:53 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 273

I have a non-white missus. So you'll forgive me if I'm pretty much at the point where if I hear one more arsehole giving it the "I FOWWT WE VOTED TO SEND EM BACK! WHEN ARE THEY GOIN BACK!" rather too loudly in 'conversation' when we're out eating or gone for a drink and she's basically the only non-white face in the gaff, I'm probably going to bust a blood vessel at the effort it's taking me not to put a chair round their head.

Cunts like the people behind garbage like Leave.EU are constantly banging on about how ANGRY they are about all this Brexit situation. Oh yeah? Angry are you? Righto.

By Tara (ProgressiveTara)10/10 08:56Thu Oct 10 08:56:15 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 142

So depressing. Welcome to 2019 Britain.

By Tara (ProgressiveTara)9/10 20:52Wed Oct 9 20:52:29 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 230

You’ve met Kev then.

By Joe Hawkins9/10 23:56Wed Oct 9 23:56:02 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 188

Well spotted dick.

A classical example of a name suiting its bearer...

By Tara (ProgressiveTara)10/10 08:53Thu Oct 10 08:53:58 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 151

Shame I'm not brown, you'd have more fun with the racial slurs.

By Joe Hawkins10/10 08:57Thu Oct 10 08:57:49 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 149

Well spotted dick.

Tbh I'm having enough fun with you without them.

By Tara (ProgressiveTara)10/10 09:21Thu Oct 10 09:21:24 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 136

It's almost like you've nothing better to do with your time other than hate.

By Joe Hawkins10/10 10:06Thu Oct 10 10:06:35 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 133

Hate? No, there's people I dislike, but I'm too busy to be hating, I give the ones I don't like a swerve which is my right to do.

I don't hate european people, but don't agree with their freedom of movement to the UK as I feel it's wrong, I don't want to be part of a federal europe either as I don't in any way feel I'm a european as I'm British, I've no objection to immigration that I feel is a benefit but strongly object to an open border as part of four freedoms I know nothing about nor care to learn.

So stick that in your dicktaphone and smoke it.

By Tara (ProgressiveTara)10/10 17:10Thu Oct 10 17:10:27 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 80

Yes I'm aware it's mainly the browns and blacks and anyone with a different accent that wants to get a job that you have no interest in, we've done it to death.

And good to see you've realised you are opposed to something you don't understand. The penny might be dropping at long last.

Good to see you on here whilst on holiday!

By Joe Hawkins10/10 17:27Thu Oct 10 17:27:35 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 78

Rained off mate, can't ethically cleanse windows in the rain old lad, not when you've British standards to maintain.

Holiday ended on Sunday but Monday & Tuesday my bloods were a little twitchy, Monday was wet and I did a little yesterday, kitchens coming along thanks for asking and the bloods have settled, best dash in fact, gym to do....

By Dave (Barra) (David (Barrovia))9/10 20:02Wed Oct 9 20:02:42 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 245

Does that really happen m8?

Fucking hell.

By Taz (SUFC)9/10 22:16Wed Oct 9 22:16:49 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 213

Yes. It's gammon central round here mate. We used to go out 2-3 times a month for scoff or a drink. Not done it at all about the last 4 months because of it, she just isn't interested anymore.

Seething.com

By DesCartes9/10 23:24Wed Oct 9 23:24:59 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 209

This is the legacy of the collective fuckwittery and mendacity of the likes of Farage, Johnson, Yaxley Lennon, Hartley Brewer, Hopkins et al.

Arseholes, the lot of them.

By JonnyJ (jonnyj)9/10 23:15Wed Oct 9 23:15:03 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 202

That's really fucking sad that. What a shithouse country this is sometimes.

By . (steve blake)9/10 23:50Wed Oct 9 23:50:02 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 180

Not just sometimes sadly. It's all the more apparent the more rural you get.... where the impact of immigration is barely felt 1st hand. In Folkestone there are about 10 housed in a block of flats, this is 10/20 out of 48,000, the locals talk of no-go areas and the blight they've caused.... Yet I know not 1 person who has had contact with any of them.
The schism is getting larger and I have grave concerns for the UK as an entity.
The thing about the White House and Westminster being seemingly controlled by outside sources is gaining traction with me!

By Lord M.Ox (Marked Ox)9/10 23:17Wed Oct 9 23:17:19 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 197

Agreed.

By Dave (Barra) (David (Barrovia))9/10 22:23Wed Oct 9 22:23:33 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 198

Sorry to hear that

Sympathetic.org.uk/poordo

By skippy9/10 20:38Wed Oct 9 20:38:09 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 229

Sadly I'm not surprised.

I have a few mates that get that kind of shit and the Polish lass that was my mech engineer for a while would get that and sexist comments* as well on site.

*Although in true Jase stylee I made sure she had the last laugh, as the client's consultants we have the last say and it's incredible how many expensive to rectify mistakes can be found in a building if you really look.

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 12:17Wed Oct 9 12:17:42 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 385

They can now believe they've upset some people, which is the pinnacle of human achievement.

By JonnyJ (jonnyj)9/10 08:32Wed Oct 9 08:32:15 2019In response to Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 466

Funnily enough all it's done is alienate moderate Leave voters, they're honestly thick as shit. Doing Remains work for them.

https://twitter.com/AdrianYalland/status/1181666917427404800?s=19

https://twitter.com/AdrianYalland/status/1181711773415755777?s=19

By Meerkat9/10 08:34Wed Oct 9 08:34:04 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 438

Who is he? Why do we care what he thinks?

By Sweepy9/10 08:42Wed Oct 9 08:42:35 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 442

He's the sort of leaver who can make arguments for his side that are far more persuasive to remainers than zealots like you will ever be able to do.

So what? Don't care. is probably your comeback.

By Meerkat9/10 09:25Wed Oct 9 09:25:55 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 413

So he can see all sorts of genuine reasons to leave then changes his mind because of the nature of some fellow travellers?
That’s an odd attitude to take on a binary issue in modern politics

By Sweepy9/10 10:39Wed Oct 9 10:39:09 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 398

Don't really think it can be a surprise that a full on charge into a No Deal rupture results in anguish for intelligent people aligned to leave. It's obviously not "at any cost" for some.

E.g. https://twitter.com/rolandmcs/status/1018800271013613568

More from him here: https://twitter.com/rolandmcs/status/1086899951735574528

Generally it seems these were the EEA Brexit type people which I know you don't think is leaving the European Union at all.

Isn't it just dreadful that this can be regarded as a black and white binary issue? Suggests a divided society in now embedded.

I've always been very keen to have my mind changed. Still not there yet!

By JonnyJ (jonnyj)9/10 09:16Wed Oct 9 09:16:53 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 408

Exactly. The type of leaver who I suspect is far more common than the shouty types who post on forums/social media/call in to radio phone ins would have you believe. Fuck knows what the intention of LeaveEUs post was, but the only people it appeals to are the type who would stick their own knob to their forehead if Farage told them it would increase the chances of leaving. Those who are more measured are turned off by it and its probable posts like that alienate them towards the Remain side. Even Piers Morgan thinks it was stupid. Good work LeaveEU, keep it coming!

By Joe Hawkins9/10 09:20Wed Oct 9 09:20:00 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 410

We need another but with macron at Waterloo....

"Jog on napoleon"

By Baldman (Baldman)9/10 09:28Wed Oct 9 09:28:58 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 404

We shouldn’t be leaving to indulge some 19th century fantasy of splendid isolation. Europe are our allies and biggest trading partners.

This type of advertising not only appeals to the basest instincts of the unthinking mob, history suggests it usually ends with ordinary people suffering.

By Joe Hawkins9/10 10:01Wed Oct 9 10:01:09 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 401

But those countries take the p*ss out of us too, it's not my base instincts that stuff appeals to, I just giggle, in fact for a while after seeing the pic I was humming '10 german bombers' on the step ladders.

But I had no sauerkraut in't fridge and didn't say 'cheesehead' once over the weekend, which is good for me...

By Nigel L10/10 00:02Thu Oct 10 00:02:03 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 183

Which EU country has taken the piss out of you Joe?

When responding, please provide your workings.

By Joe Hawkins10/10 00:29Thu Oct 10 00:29:48 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 184

The Dutch mate, there already was a metro at De Pijp and I didn’t know as it was hidden, Wiki says it’s just a new building and I’d swear down it wasn’t an underground station.

But it appears it was the sneaky station hiding cheeseheads....

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 09:56Wed Oct 9 09:56:29 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 408

We are a generation behind the technology, as we probably always will be - people in positions of authority have not yet worked out that pandering to shouty idiots will backfire and isn't necessary.

A handful of sinister weirdoes who just want to be important for its own sake because nobody likes them have cottoned on to the fact that you can weaponise and monetise a huge constituency of people's weird grudges really easily, whilst lobbing in some other ones you've just made up for a laugh - the previous establishment doesn't really know how to deal with it.

By Meerkat9/10 10:11Wed Oct 9 10:11:30 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 399

Maybe the previous establishment shouldn’t have stopped listening to the people in the first place. Then they wouldn’t be so surprised that they weren’t tagging along at the back as they had so arrogantly assumed.

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 10:27Wed Oct 9 10:27:53 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 388

Are you a champion of depressed ex-pit villages and the like now? Well, fuck-a-doodle-doo. Wonders never cease.

"It turns out all those people we fucked over out of spite and then laughed at are now on the same side as us, let's get them shouting 'traitor' and 'surrender' at the people who have vague notions about not fucking them over".

By Meerkat9/10 10:34Wed Oct 9 10:34:02 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 389

No.
But the liberal establishment just blindly steamrollered on assuming that as the EU, multiculturalism, and immigration was so obviously beneficial and brilliant for them everyone else must also be enjoying and supporting it. Any dissent was frightened into silence with accusations of racism or being thick. And then there was a secret vote and they got a bit of a shock.

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 10:44Wed Oct 9 10:44:48 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 389

This is the bullshit narrative that is being swallowed wholesale. The damage was done well before anyone ever talked about "multiculturalism" or immigration, and a lot of the people who are happiest about that damage are driving Brexit. It's a mass exercise in deflecting blame for the fact that certain ideas have turned us into a desperately unhappy, uncaring mess of a country and ruined millions of lives.

By Joe Hawkins9/10 10:56Wed Oct 9 10:56:25 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 387

Freedom of movement coming on top of those pit villages you mention coupled with the loss of 'traditional' work for a lot of the male workforce are to me the drivers behind us wanting to leave.

By Baldman (Baldman)9/10 11:13Wed Oct 9 11:13:58 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 377

I think this is right-in terms of the causes of Brexit. Freedom of movement was the icing on a cake that has been baking for 40 years. We have outsourced our manufacturing to China and gutted the upper working/lower middle class that did well in the immediate post-war period.

But it was difficult to get angry with people in China who you never see. So people were just quietly angry and desperate.

Then Blair opened the borders and suddenly the bogey man lived down the street. Farage finally found a way to tap into popular anger and we were on the path to Brexit.

By MS9/10 11:24Wed Oct 9 11:24:30 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Personally I've come round to the point of view of blaming the Scots.

If they'd voted for independence we'd have spent so many years resolving that we'd never have had an EU referendum.

That, or the smoking ban. If all the idiots were down the pub moaning to their "friends"/unlucky person caught in the bar nothing much would have happened. Instead they're all at home using the internet to spread their views and catching the gullible.

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 11:37Wed Oct 9 11:37:21 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 377

They have wasted all the obvious scapegoats quite early (the EU, the Labour, the LIBERAL ELITE, the judiciary). They have only got a few left now:

The Civil Service
The Welsh
Hippies
Students
The rap singers
The Civil Service again
Derek Hatton
The bloke who got Clarkson sacked off Top Gear
The gays
Crusty jugglers

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 11:03Wed Oct 9 11:03:03 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 384

Have immigrants all headed to places where there isn't any work then? That's not very clever of them.

How will leaving the EU get the "traditional" jobs back?

By Meerkat9/10 11:57Wed Oct 9 11:57:38 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 357

They have headed to places where there is lots of low paid work, where they have competed against local low skilled workers and kept wages down

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 12:09Wed Oct 9 12:09:20 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 357

That's probably at least partly true but isn't that how free-market capitalism works, especially when you fist trade unions to death? Why do we now have problems filling agricultural jobs? Why did some of the biggest Leave votes come from the areas with least immigration?

Edited by Leeds Sandgrounder at 12:10:01 on 9th October 2019

By Meerkat9/10 12:57Wed Oct 9 12:57:57 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 344

So you accept that without FoM the low paid wages and conditions would be better?
Is your last point true? I thought the big votes were in places like Lincolnshire where there were lots of immigrants?
Maybe if agriculture jobs had better wages and conditions then they would attract local workers?

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 13:23Wed Oct 9 13:23:48 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 317

It depends on the industry but a lot of unskilled jobs would probably be better paid with less immigration - I am not against controlled immigration but we could have had that anyway. Again, the problems of the poorest have largely been caused by our own governments.

Agricultural jobs are hard. You can't really take that out of them.

By DesCartes9/10 14:21Wed Oct 9 14:21:35 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 295

It is noted that the UK has had the ability to control EU migration under the Free Movement Directive (2004/38/EC):

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/we-can-control-eu-migration-we-just-havent-done-it/

'The UK is free to implement this policy as it sees fit, and yet it does not...'

Oh, and look:

'Each EU migrant, on average, contributes £2,300 more to the exchequer than the average British-born adult, supporting not just themselves but others who rely on the NHS and the UK welfare system.'

By Meerkat9/10 14:34Wed Oct 9 14:34:10 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 295

Seriously?! That source is propaganda you would rip apart if it was pro Leave.
Almost totally irrelevant to the discussion as that is only referring to non-workers.
The 2.3k number is not backed up or referenced.

By Baldman (Baldman)9/10 14:43Wed Oct 9 14:43:46 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 286

The contention that Eu immigrants contribute more is logical though right? They are here to work and the population generally includes fewer old people and kids.

By Meerkat9/10 14:50Wed Oct 9 14:50:53 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 284

Two issues with that number
It is whole EU I believe, so includes all the French etc earning huge amounts in the city. Considering how little tax minimum wage workers pay it is difficult to see them contributing positively.
Secondly even after reading one of the papers on the subject it wasn’t entirely clear if it was an instantaneous cut, ie whether it included the lifetime costs. Of course a young worker is paying tax and not using many services, but what about if they still til death? That could cut both ways if we haven’t paid their childhood health and education costs and if they go home before becoming expensive old folk. Though if they earn here and take/send the money home out of our economy...

By Baldman (Baldman)9/10 14:53Wed Oct 9 14:53:02 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 288

I think that number is just revenue taken from the immigrants (not costs).

By Meerkat9/10 13:25Wed Oct 9 13:25:07 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 311

Explain how we could have controlled immigration within the EU

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 13:30Wed Oct 9 13:30:14 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 312

We could have controlled non-EU immigration, which makes up the bulk of immigration.

By Meerkat9/10 13:42Wed Oct 9 13:42:22 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 309

It doesn’t make up the bulk of problematic immigration.
It also looks rather racist to be controlling non-EU immigration whilst EU is unlimited.
And of course non-EU immigration is not controlled for similar reasons - a liberal establishment blocking such controls by shouting ‘racist!!’.

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 13:52Wed Oct 9 13:52:28 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 299

So all problems to do with immigration are caused by EU immigration. Right. Which ones? You get infrastructure problems in places like Lincolnshire but if they weren't there would the farms be able to operate?

Who in the liberal establishment was doing that?

By Meerkat9/10 14:04Wed Oct 9 14:04:05 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 299

Did the farms operate before FoM?

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 17:12Wed Oct 9 17:12:24 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 271

No. The amount of expansion that has happened in certainly my mum's family's farm is massive and it is reflected across large parts of the country. Farming has been subsidised massively over the last 40 years anyway - shame they weren't so generous to the steelworkers etc but I suppose if you do consistently and wilfully vote Labour...

By Baldman (Baldman)9/10 18:10Wed Oct 9 18:10:54 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 243

Steelworkers aren’t landowners. We only subsidise the rich

By Rob (Alice Glass)9/10 13:44Wed Oct 9 13:44:20 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 301

Why does it look racist? FOM works both ways, so we can emigrate there. We could have FOM with Australia (or any other non-EU country) if we wanted.

By Meerkat9/10 13:50Wed Oct 9 13:50:18 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 302

It looks racist to tell South Asians they can’t bring in their whole family whilst letting in Romanians by the busload.

By Baldman (Baldman)9/10 14:00Wed Oct 9 14:00:16 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 293

I think it’s more to do with the ‘all immigration is good’ narrative. You can’t trumpet how good immigration is and yet clamp down on other immigrants. Although why this persisted after Cameron’s pledge to reduce immigration to the ‘tens of thousands,’ who knows.

By Joe Hawkins9/10 11:13Wed Oct 9 11:13:24 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 371

And round in circles we go...

If only we'd limited the numbers coming in I could live with that, europe to me is overseas so was never a big 'thing' as it was there when you travelled to it and it's become too much 'in your face' these days for people like me to like it.

Like children it should be seen, not heard and given a smacked arse when it oversteps the line....

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 11:23Wed Oct 9 11:23:40 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 369

We wouldn't go round in circles if you had a crack at answering. I am just at a loss to know what the people who voted for it actually want out of this load of bollocks, even though I doubt they'll get it. It seems to have changed three or four times since the vote.

By Bullsgold8/10 20:10Tue Oct 8 20:10:23 2019In response to Leave. EUTop of thread

Jesus Christ. What a bunch of morons.

I think they should look into dividing the UK up into zones for people who think this kind of thing is acceptable and the rest of us normal folk.

By DMN (DMN (Shit Forum))8/10 19:13Tue Oct 8 19:13:31 2019In response to Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 646

They didn't win the war.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 18:44Tue Oct 8 18:44:49 2019In response to Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 674

Haha, a good point well made.

By Baldman (Baldman)8/10 18:34Tue Oct 8 18:34:06 2019In response to Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 691

Scum

By JonnyJ (jonnyj)8/10 18:17Tue Oct 8 18:17:46 2019In response to Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 734

They followed it up with an even more embarrassing one that said "2 world wars and 1 world Cup".

That famous World Cup win for Great Britain in 66.

By DMN (DMN (Shit Forum))8/10 19:13Tue Oct 8 19:13:11 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 636

When did the UK win the world cup?

Not very bright are they.

By Dougie MacDougall8/10 18:56Tue Oct 8 18:56:00 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 652

Not to mention the famous World War win for England, and Scotland, Wales, Ireland, the Empire, Poland, Czechoslovakia, France, USA and last but not least the Soviet Union.

By Rob (Alice Glass)8/10 18:33Tue Oct 8 18:33:09 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 694

The one WC count always seem a bit strange, because Germany have 4, as well as 3 Euros and a far superior tournament record in general.

By Chandampton (southampton)9/10 09:24Wed Oct 9 09:24:41 2019In response to Re: Leave. EUTop of thread

Views: 395

Two world wars, one world cup and a Euromillions!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49980199

Prediction

By DMN (DMN (Shit Forum))8/10 16:52Tue Oct 8 16:52:09 2019In response to Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 811

1) Bozo crashes us out, its wrecks the economy, but makes his and the ERG's mates rich.
2)Once they have fucked the rest of the Country over, the ERG suddenly drop their objections to Mays deal.
3) Bozo goes cap in hand to the EU and asks if we can have Mays deal again.

Re: Prediction

By Baldman (Baldman)8/10 16:57Tue Oct 8 16:57:45 2019In response to PredictionTop of thread

Views: 816

Boris and his ERG mates won’t make money off a hard Brexit.

By Mr Nice (Forever Claret 83)9/10 10:27Wed Oct 9 10:27:51 2019In response to Re: PredictionTop of thread

Views: 394

Indeed.

The rush to get out before January 2020 is to stop the EU law on offshore accounts coming into force.

By Joe Hawkins9/10 11:04Wed Oct 9 11:04:10 2019In response to Re: PredictionTop of thread

Views: 387

Coming from a few other posters I'd snigger at that one, but coming from you it's got me thinking.

Won't we still be beholden to eu law for a period on our exit? I'd hope so for taxation purposes.

By JonnyJ (jonnyj)9/10 11:10Wed Oct 9 11:10:41 2019In response to Re: PredictionTop of thread

Not if we leave with No Deal. All rules (that we haven't rolled over) would cease to exist at midnight. You can bet your mums house that those rules won't be rolled over.

Since we've been in the EU one of the types of rules we've consistently voted against are rules to tighten up tax evasion.

By Leeds Sandgrounder9/10 11:12Wed Oct 9 11:12:42 2019In response to Re: PredictionTop of thread

Views: 373

It's almost as if we have a load of rich people creating a situation where they will never have to give up any of their wealth under any circumstances.

By DMN (DMN (Shit Forum))9/10 11:15Wed Oct 9 11:15:26 2019In response to Re: PredictionTop of thread

Views: 371

Indeed, which is so well put in the Adrian Yalland twitter thread Meekprat is so scared to understand:

"Brexit was seized on by Bannon and his fellow travellers now completely own it. Brexit isn’t about Brexit now - it’s about creating a new global dynamic which is based on policies the U.K. would never consciously vote for, and so must be introduced by stealth.

The very thing long-March EUsceptics like me have been criticising the EU for doing is what Banks, Farage, Johnson and the ERG are now doing. They lie.

They also seek to portray Brexit as “people v elites”, and use every form of propaganda at their disposal to justify the “revolution” - including racism. WTO Brexit will fail. It will also eventually see us rejoin the EU on much worse terms. It’s why I oppose it.

But worse, WTO Brexit in the short term will undermine the social fabric of the U.K., and humiliate us globally. We already look like a bunch of racists obsessed with spitfires, Empire and defeating “the hun”. We’re being duped.
"

By DesCartes8/10 19:39Tue Oct 8 19:39:03 2019In response to Re: PredictionTop of thread

What are the likes of Crispin Odey doing then, and why would we believe that they're not in cohorts with Johnson (please don't dignify him with 'Boris') and the ERG?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/30/short-selling-hedge-funds-fortune-no-deal-brexit-boris-johnson

By Baldman (Baldman)8/10 22:34Tue Oct 8 22:34:48 2019In response to Re: PredictionTop of thread

Views: 517

Oh man,it’s just a fundamental misunderstanding about how hedge funds work. Picking out certain positions is pretty worthless. Hedge funds will have multiple contradictory long and short positions, often looking for arbitrage opportunities or some kind of risk arbitrage.

A hedge fund manager betting the house on a hard Brexit will go out of business very quickly.

By Mr Nice (Forever Claret 83)9/10 10:28Wed Oct 9 10:28:26 2019In response to Re: PredictionTop of thread

This

By DesCartes9/10 08:56Wed Oct 9 08:56:21 2019In response to Re: PredictionTop of thread

Views: 406

'Oh man'. ** Chortle **

Shouldn't you be telling someone at The Guardian this, rather than me? They're not the only ones saying this...

By Baldman (Baldman)9/10 09:14Wed Oct 9 09:14:46 2019In response to Re: PredictionTop of thread

Views: 405

I was telling you because you asked. The guardian is clearly not interested in verifying their theory or they could have contacted any one of thousands of people more qualified than I am to put them right. Frances Coppola for one...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2019/09/29/the-mythical-bets-on-no-deal-brexit/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Gell Mann amnesia is something I try to avoid.

By Lord M.Ox (Marked Ox)9/10 12:11Wed Oct 9 12:11:37 2019In response to Re: PredictionTop of thread

Views: 347

So it won't be an Apocalypse now then?

By NWS8/10 18:35Tue Oct 8 18:35:06 2019In response to Re: PredictionTop of thread

Views: 673

I think they will

By Rob (Alice Glass)8/10 16:34Tue Oct 8 16:34:22 2019In response to Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 809

He's still leading in the polls, some of them by a big margin...

By Nigel L8/10 15:38Tue Oct 8 15:38:46 2019In response to Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 898

This twitter thread from 25 July is well worth a look.
https://twitter.com/syrpis/status/1154286327699005440

Pretty much every point made - 11 weeks ago - has happened, right up to former friends suddenly becoming "enemies".

The writer is a Prof. of EU Law. I've asked him for tonight's lottery numbers.

By Shanghai8/10 16:33Tue Oct 8 16:33:19 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 814

He needs a haircut before i can take him seriously.

By MS8/10 16:05Tue Oct 8 16:05:40 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 836

That was/is a very good thread.

One other thing pointed out today, if No Deal Brexit is such a desirable outcome how come the government are going round blaming other people for it?

By chrismr8/10 16:43Tue Oct 8 16:43:01 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 798

Sorry but I don't think I have heard anyone from Government actually saying No Deal was desirable outcome everyone always has said a deal was best option.
Everyone goes on about Theresa May's Red Lines have caused this issue but surely both have Red Lines the EU appears unwilling to compromise in any way on theirs as well.
So far we have agreed to them setting Agenda by ensuring, People, Money & Ireland issues must be agreed before we go on to talk about a Trade Deal once we have handed over £39 Billion.
Surely only way to get a deal now is after a General Election if one side has sufficient majority to get a deal voted through parliament and then a confirmatory referendum if Labour are in charge. A revoke article 50 if Liberals are in charge & a "Boris Deal or No Deal" negotiation once EU know he has votes to get it through and if he is still in charge.

By MS8/10 17:07Tue Oct 8 17:07:36 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 765

Jacob Rees Mogg isn't in the Government? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/10/jacob-rees-mogg-no-deal-brexit-will-boost-uk-economy-11-trillion/

As just one example.

As you say both sides have red lines and I would argue the EU moved further from theirs than the UK has from it's. Not far, but further. And more to the point in a second round (or whatever iteration this is) of talks you would generally move closer together but the revised UK offer was further from the EU's position than the WA that TM negotiated. How that was supposed to work I've no idea. The other stuff, that was just amateur hour from the UK negotiating team and even now they still seem to think that a "bit of drive" or personality or something will make the EU change direction. The very EU that they've always accused of being bureaucratic and intransigent etc.

You're right about the only chance for a deal now appears to be after a GE, but only if that GE actually resolves the house numbers in any way and I am yet to be convinced it will.

By Baldman (Baldman)8/10 17:40Tue Oct 8 17:40:32 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 730

The EU were very aggressive with sequencing and in some of the rhetoric that they have come out with. They need to take some responsibility for that.

Both sides have red lines which they will need to retreat from in order to save both of them from unacceptable outcomes (I.e. with no deal there’s a border in Ireland immediately. No-one wants that).

The unforgivable part of the negotiation from our side is the amateurishness and the failure to understand the EU’s side of things. May’s proposed deal was a sop to her right wing and has informed the whole process ever since. Her disastrous election and then failure to grasp the DUP nettle can be seen as little else than pure U.K. party politics. Or worse, a naked power play

And then the leadership contest and Boris and the drop dead timeline and the ‘removal of the backstop’ promise and proroguing and the Benn Act and failure to have a VONC and Corbyn and now these new proposals. Ugh. It’s all such a shambles.

By Nigel L8/10 17:55Tue Oct 8 17:55:34 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 708

The EU were very aggressive with sequencing and in some of the rhetoric that they have come out with. They need to take some responsibility for that.

Not sure if the EU team was "aggressive" - it's well reported they were surprised when the UK agreed to their sequencing proposal.

However, given that "the legend in his own mind" David Davis was in charge of the UK team at the time, while Theresa May was still listening to that prize idiot Nick Timothy, maybe it wasn't so much of a surprise.

By Baldman (Baldman)8/10 17:59Tue Oct 8 17:59:33 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 705

Well yes, there’s that

By Denzel (denzel ecfc)8/10 15:30Tue Oct 8 15:30:07 2019In response to Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 883

As long as people are still stupid enough to swallow the line that it's the EUs fault and therefore they will continue to vote Tory then this was always going to happen.
We are the Stupid Man of Europe

By Leeds Sandgrounder8/10 16:18Tue Oct 8 16:18:12 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 812

The Daft Twat of Europe.

By Barda EUFC8/10 15:42Tue Oct 8 15:42:50 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 855

How anyone with even the most basic knowledge of the subject still thinks this is all the fault of the EU is quite beyond me.

By Pineapple (Besus Fuffoon)8/10 23:21Tue Oct 8 23:21:51 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 479

The thick man of Europe, we are.

By Joe Hawkins9/10 00:12Wed Oct 9 00:12:44 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 457

The black sheep of the eu family?

By NWS8/10 18:36Tue Oct 8 18:36:47 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 657

"Anyone with the most basic knowledge"

That little phrase sums up the root cause of the problem and boy are these disaster capitalists and their buddies going to exploit it

By cufc infinity (cufc_infinity)8/10 16:26Tue Oct 8 16:26:00 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 803

"How anyone with even the most basic knowledge of the subject still thinks this is all the fault of the EU is quite beyond me."

"“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”" - Albert Einstein

^that

By DMN (DMN (Shit Forum))8/10 15:30Tue Oct 8 15:30:46 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 851

No text

By Mr Nice (Forever Claret 83)8/10 15:19Tue Oct 8 15:19:14 2019In response to Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 886

So going by what I have read this morning it looks like the current cunning plan from Boris and Cummings is to tell all of the key players in Europe that any deal is impossible and the government don't want to extend Article 50 but are being forced to. Basically, they are trying to get the EU to do what they can't and make us leave on October 31st by not granting an extension to Article 50.

By cufc infinity (cufc_infinity)8/10 15:38Tue Oct 8 15:38:10 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 853

Once it gets past Halloween and we haven't left, all Boris' bluster is going to come back and bite him on the arse. An election will follow. Farage will nick a lot of hardcore brexit votes. BoZo is then stuck between losing those voters or campaigning for a hard no-deal to keep them and watch the realist tories slip out the back door. At the moment, there's enough possibilities open for him to hang onto both in the opinion polls. My concern is whether the remain parties will work together. My thinking is that while Corbyn is a mug, the individual remain voters have enough nous to vote tactically whilst Tommy Tattoo and his brexit ilk simply lack the brains to.

By Yeoman8/10 15:30Tue Oct 8 15:30:01 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 858

It's lucky that Boris is doing as good a job as can be expected in the circumstances.

By JonnyJ (jonnyj)8/10 15:29Tue Oct 8 15:29:25 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 862

And if they don't, they will try to defy the Benn Act, knowing it will go to court, they want this, they also know they'll lose, they'll want this too. It makes them Brexit Martyrs. This is going to get very ugly in the next 2 months

By DMN (DMN (Shit Forum))8/10 15:31Tue Oct 8 15:31:06 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 947

It will stay ugly for years.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 16:20Tue Oct 8 16:20:39 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 817

Well if the eeyous won't give a little, what's Big Bozza J to do?

By NWS8/10 19:47Tue Oct 8 19:47:15 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

What should they do to give a little? What do you expect them to give?

By Joe Hawkins8/10 19:52Tue Oct 8 19:52:46 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 1006

Give a little bit of your love to me
Give a little bit
I'll give a little bit of my love to you
There's so much that we need to share
So send a smile and show you care.....

By NWS8/10 20:47Tue Oct 8 20:47:04 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 547

So you have no answer. It's just bluster as usual.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 21:06Tue Oct 8 21:06:46 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 528

You aint worth an answer.

By NWS8/10 21:18Tue Oct 8 21:18:23 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 531

Well stop answering then. We have seen that you know nothing of what you speak...on several fronts.

There is nothing the EU could give because the whole game plan is to blame them. I wish I had retained the post. It was the first bit of my prediction when Alex got the PM gig. If he successfully blames them the next bot will be about them holding us hostage.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 21:25Tue Oct 8 21:25:15 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 525

They are to blame.

By Bullsgold8/10 22:38Tue Oct 8 22:38:46 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 487

I don't think you have an answer. It's just a sign of the times, sadly.

"It's their fault"
"Why is it their fault?"
"I don't have to explain myself to you. Go and look it up for yourself."
"Where can I look it up?"
"I'm not wasting my time on you"

It's incredibly depressing. I'm beginning to hope that the planet explodes. And that's coming from a man with a young family.

By Joe Hawkins9/10 00:04Wed Oct 9 00:04:59 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 467

I don't have an answer, but if it winds him up then it's their fault not ours, ad infinitum.

On a serious note and I do want an end to of freedom of movement, feel that neither side has shown any form of competence whatsoever in negotiations sadly, of course I'd blame their 4 freedoms for that as it's hard to compromise with them, but that's just my simple viewpoint.

By NWS10/10 12:19Thu Oct 10 12:19:49 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 116

Oh dear. I enjoy debating and arguing (although it's not really debating with you just correcting on fact) so I'm not sure how you think you are upsetting me. I can still think back to your anger and angst when Tara got under your skin about your PT working.

Yes. A highly successful WUM is what you are.

By Joe Hawkins10/10 12:46Thu Oct 10 12:46:51 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 103

Tara's like you as in he's a tit, tho he's got a little more up top than you, and I do get angry with ignorant w*nkers when it comes to the way I choose to deal with an illness, 'I know a diabetic who does this' being a line heard frequently over the last 35 years all too often from people who should concentrate their few brain cells on simply breathing (I'm looking at you here) rather than chat crap about things they know nothing about.

But then you'd be a mute....

By NWS10/10 13:51Thu Oct 10 13:51:24 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 91

I do laugh with almost a sympathy at you. It's as though I have never chatted about diabetes. It is quite hilarious that you say I know nothing about it even though I was diabetic for a short period, read up about it and was able to get away from it. Before you start on about type 1 and Type 2, don't worry, I know all that because we spoke about it before and I knew it anyway.

However, your latest rant shows you up for what you are...trying desperately to get a rise out of people who know a little of what they talk but then swearing and insulting as soon as anyone presses your button about the one subject you have any knowledge on. I wasn't even trying to press your button - because I have been diabetic and didn't enjoy it - I was merely mentioning how upset you got at Tara. Look at the result. Hilarious...

I'm glad to be a tit like Tara and someone who should concentrate their few brain cells on breathing. It could be worse I could be you...

By Joe Hawkins10/10 14:48Thu Oct 10 14:48:42 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 88

Before you start on about type 1 and Type 2, don't worry, I know all that because we spoke about it before and I knew it anyway. & because I have been diabetic and didn't enjoy it

Brings a little lol, as you don't know, you'd have been in the risk category for t2, diet & exercise and blood tests at the gp, cut your carbs as they'd have correctly advised you, eat less and move more standard overweight metabolic disorders where it's not that you don't make insulin, it's that the disorder is causing the insulin to pile weight on you as your body's not working properly, loads get it and some gain remission from it, some end up on tablets and the really fat ones on insulin.

T1 is a little different, no insulin is produced, or just points of a percent, so we inject, we inject a 'basal' a slow acting background insulin, it has peaks and troughs if you viewed it as a line on a graph but your body uses it to perform its functions, then we need to inject a fast acting to eat, everybody has a carbs weight to insulin ratio, it vary's depending on a few things, time of day to basal shot, exercise, stress, tired, lively, heat, cold but you learn what works when, then add your food up, inject, wait, eat, or inject, eat depending on the ratio of complex carbs to simple sugars, testing 8 odd times a day prior with finger sticks or as now 40 scans per day and a finger stick first thing to check both devices are singing from the same song sheet, averaging 6 or 7 digs a day over 3 meals.

Edit, and braver ones use a pump, though they usually give pumps to kids and those who are a bit f*cked up with it.

That's not in any way sympathy seeking but an attempt to educate, my GP practice has a diabetic clinic but doesn't do T1s for a reason....

Edited by joe hawkins at 14:50:35 on 10th October 2019
Edited by joe hawkins at 14:51:37 on 10th October 2019

By Leeds Sandgrounder8/10 16:43Tue Oct 8 16:43:20 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 784

That Blackadder line about Field Marshal Haig comes to mind.

By Yeoman8/10 16:28Tue Oct 8 16:28:40 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 801

Go and get the piss easy deal that he was saying would be available and the time of the referendum. And accept and extension of A50 until he gets it.

If it was going to be difficult, than perhaps he should have mentioned in 2016, along with the 350 million a week.

By Joe Hawkins8/10 16:39Tue Oct 8 16:39:20 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 782

I did some thinking about this eeyou malarky over my Dam bash over the weekend and came to the conclusion it's as Sweepy once wrote and it's the English psyche why a majority wants to leave, the eeyou's are ok, same as the rest of us but I see no personal advantage in membership as the cost of that membership is to offer a whole glut of people access to what once was shared between a lot less people.

By MS8/10 16:33Tue Oct 8 16:33:57 2019In response to Re: Did Meerkat's ANPR cameras get lost in the post ?Top of thread

Views: 793

Never mind 2016, about a month ago he said No Deal was a one in a million chance.

Luck like that he needs to do the lottery... Or maybe, just maybe he's really crap at this lark.

Previous thread: England v France cancelled by Greek Card10/10 05:56Thu Oct 10 05:56:28 2019view thread